CCS is committed to serving all students who want to enroll, including those with disabilities, English language learners, at-risk students, underperforming students, and gifted and talented students. Our Special Needs Leadership Committee will provide a continuum of support and resources that enable students with special needs to achieve their potential. The roles and responsibilities of this committee are:
- To increase effective communication among CCS personnel, families and community partners using a variety of strategies in order to build and sustain collaborative, and productive relationships.
- To build the capacity of CCS personnel to provide a full continuum of effective and diverse instruction utilizing interventions, services, and supports for students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment.
- To build the capacity of CCS personnel to provide a full continuum of effective and diverse instruction utilizing interventions, services, and supports for at-risk, underperforming, and gifted and talented students.
- To ensure that children who are of limited English proficiency attain English proficiency, develop high levels of academic success in English, and meet the same challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards, as all children are expected to meet.
- To expand the knowledge and skills of CCS personnel related to the processes and procedures aligned with federal, state and local guidelines.