Alisha Lacombe-Emile- Advisory Board Member
Alisha’s professional background includes experience with a mixture of both European and American educational systems. Because of her exposure to these two systems, she has a unique perspective on education.
She is currently a curriculum director for the early childhood educational program at Primrose School in Denver, CO. In this capacity, she is responsible for the professional development and ongoing training of faculty; coordinating teacher lesson plans and implementation; ensuring compliance with the AdvancED accreditation; and faithfully applying the use of Pyramid practices (the social/emotional techniques) to build positive, trusting relationships throughout the school between teachers and students.
Alisha earned her bachelor’s degree in French and philosophy, and a master of education degree in teacher leadership. She has a great passion for education and is very well-regarded throughout the Denver metro early childhood education community. In addition, she has her certification both as a large center director and in “Teaching Strategies Gold” (the school readiness assessment program used for pre-kindergarten students) as well as in Pyramid Plus. She is fluent in English, French, and Haitian Creole.
Alisha is a resident of far northeast Denver and the mother of two young girls who will be attending CCS. As a member of the CCS advisory board, she is enthusiastic to be part of a high-quality educational model that nurtures children, parents, teachers, and the community.
- M.A., Elementary Teacher Education; University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona; anticipated graduation 2017
- M.A., Education Teacher Leadership; University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona; 2012
- B.A., French and Philosophy; Hunter College, New York City, New York; 2006
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Colorado Coaching Consortium, Credential in Early Childhood Coaching – 2016
- Colorado Department of Education, Credential in Early Childhood Director Program through Professional Development Information System (PDIS) – 2015
- Colorado Department of Education, Credential in Early Childhood Trainer Program through Qualistar, Colorado; Training Trainer Approval System Course (TTASC) – 2015
- Colorado Department of Education, Credential in Face-to-Face Instructor (FTF) through Professional Development Information System (PDIS) – 2015